Friday, April 20, 2007

How Thomas Alva Edison invented the Modern world

Book:The Wizard of Menlo Park: HOW THOMAS ALVA EDISON INVENTED THE MODERN WORLD WORLD.-By Randall Stross, Crown Publishers, $24.95Reviewed by Tim Rutten (Gulf News):Tittle: Iconic Inventor - entrepreneurTomas Edison was a shrewd genius who transformed himself from tinkerer to celebrity sage.... the book does a meticulous job of charting Edison's well-documented journey from peniless you telegrapher to interenational technical celebrity and, as a journalist himself, Stross does an adroit job ofshowing how Edison used his era's nascent popular press and magazines.... however, whatever his other achievements, for example, Edison was utternly conventional in his prejudices, which were common to his time and class....Ford was then the country's most successful businessman and quite at home with his newfound friend's lack of commercial acumen. In fact, he once described Edison as "the world's worst businessman", a mann who " knows almost nothing about business".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the sort of guy who loves to try revolutionary things. Currently I am fabricating my personal solar panels. I'm managing it all alone without the assistance of my men. I am using the net as the only path to acheive that. I saw a very amazing site that explains how to make solar panels and wind generators. The internet site explains all the steps needed for solar panel construction.

I am not really sure bout how precise the data given there is. If some experts over here who had xp with these works can have a peak and give your feedback in the thread it would be awesome and I'd extremely treasure it, cauze I extremely passion [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com]solar panel construction[/URL].

Thanks for reading this. U people are great.